2:00 PM – 5:00 PM Conference Registration – Caloosa Foyer
4:00 PM – 5:30 PM Board of Directors Meeting – Hibiscus
6:30 PM – 9:30 PM Newcomers Reception/Strolling Supper – Palms Pool Deck
7:30 AM – 8:30 AM Continental Breakfast – Caloosa Foyer
8:30 AM – 9:00 AM BMI Annual Meeting – Caloosa Ballroom
9:00 AM – 10:00 AM Lead with Joy – Watch Your Team Fly! – Rich Sheridan, Menlo Innovations
9:00 AM – 10:30 AM Spouse/Guest Breakfast
10:00 AM – 10:30 AM Break
10:30 AM – 11:15 AM Why Books Need To Be Books: The Ongoing Challenges (and Opportunities) for Analog Objects in the Digital Era – Michael Jacobs, CEO of Abrams
- How publishers are interacting with manufacturers and how he sees that evolving?
- What kinds of things can manufacturers do to help publishers and grow their business.
- What does the future hold for publishers and manufacturers?
11:15 AM – 12:00 PM Political Polarization in the U.S.: Its Major Dimensions and Implications for the Future – Dr. Roger Green, Chairman FGCU Department of Political Science
- How, if at all, is contemporary political polarization in the U.S. related to Constitutional-era understandings of “factionalism?”
- What are the principal demographic, geographic, political, and cultural dimensions of contemporary political polarization?
- How have journalistic changes—particularly those involving digital media and social networking services—influenced political polarization?
- What are the significant implications of heightened political polarization for U.S. politics, both short term and long term?
12:00 PM – 1:30 PM Conference Luncheon – Island Room
1:30 PM – 2:30 PM Print Powers America: Policy & Political Update – Lisbeth Lyons, PIA
Overview: Recent years have witnessed rising levels of political polarization in the United States, with potentially damaging implications for effective policy development and problem solving. This presentation addresses the following questions:
2:15 PM – 3:00 PM Looking Forward to the 2020’s – A Decade of Global Challenges – David Heidel, Northern Trust
Learn what’s going on with the current economy and where it looks to be headed in this time of uncertainty.
3:00 PM – 3:30 PM Break
3:30 PM – 4:15 PM Panel: The Benefits of Book Manufacturing via High Speed Inkjet and Print-On-Demand – Moderator, Ken Fultz
Panelists: Andrea Fleck-Nisbet, Harper Collins; Lynn Terhune, Wiley; Clark Matthews, IPG; Doug Sexton, HP
Overview: This session will discuss recent advances in inkjet technology and how they have been game changers for book manufactures and publishers. The past few years the use of high speed inkjet has grown substantially yielding benefits for both publishers and printers.
4:15 PM – 4:30 PM BMI Research Report
5:00 PM – 5:30 PM BMI Board Meeting – Cypress
6:30 PM – 7:30 PM Reception – Gardens Veranda
7:30 PM – 10:30 PM Awards Gala – Gardens Ballroom
7:00 AM – 8:00 AM Program Committee Meeting – Cypress
8:30 AM Golf Outing
Please note that the conference attendance is open to BMI Members & special invited Guests only.