Eric O’Neill, Spycatcher (Bio)-
“A Spy Story: Achieving Your Goals through Courage, Confidence & Determination”
- Setting up and knocking down small goals can lead to big accomplishments. When the path forward is uncertain, accomplish what you can and build on those successes.
- Achieving your goals requires active participation. It is not enough to react.
- The best decisions rely on rapid observation, swift processing of information and orienting to action. Beating a spy at his own game required me to move through the decision process faster than my adversary.
Dr. Mark Bohan,Technology Evangelist (Bio)-
“How Automation and AI will Impact the Book Business Going Forward”
- How industry 4.0 is changing print production.
- The current state of automation in printing and book manufacturing from initiation of the project through to delivery and billing.
- The challenges and opportunities in implementing automation and AI today.
- How automation and AI will impact business operations in the coming five years and what to prepare for.
Mark Wilde, Bank of Montreal (Bio)-
“Wall Street Update on the White Paper Industry”
Patrick Henderson, Quad/Graphics (Bio)-
“Tariffs, Taxes and Mid-Terms – Oh My!”
- Explanation of the effort to fight off tariffs on Uncoated Groundwood Paper from Canada
- Update on Implementation of Tax Reform and issues to watch for Tax Reform, Part 2
- A look at the upcoming Mid-term elections and what the results could mean for the balance of power in Washington
David R. Heidel Jr., Northern Trust (Bio)-
“The Changing of the Guard: Capitol Markets in 2019 and Beyond”
“Independent Book Publishers Association & Patagonia Books: A Conversation”
- Understand the general size and scope of independent publishing (& IBPA membership).
- Discuss the unique manufacturing needs of independent publishers.
- Address independent publisher headaches related to working with manufacturers.
Rodrigo Suarez, American Trucking Association (Bio)-
“What’s Around the Bend for Trucking and Transportation?”
- An updated look at the economy and how current economic factors are affecting both the short-term and long-term outlook for the trucking industry.
- An economic outlook on trucking volumes and trucking supply difficulties.
- Current issues such as the capacity crunch, trade concerns, and the state of the supply chain.
- Broad-based overview of transportation, manufacturing, and energy markets.